Hair by Shaunda

My photo
Professional Hairstylist here! In love with everything hair! Bringing you new trends from celebs to the around the way girl!! Also giving helpful health and beauty tips for your hair! Trust me! xoxo

4/28/14

The truth about Virgin extensions

 The truth about your imported hair.... Yes, the truth!! A lot  of these hair companies say that the hair they sell is "virgin" well, sorry to say....not so much!! I recently spoke with one of my vendors from whom I purchase my Indian and Brazilian hair from. He explained the different steps to achieving certain curl patterns!  So, when you think you're buying "water wave" or "natural curly" hair, you're not. The fact is this.... How many Indian or Brazilian people have you seen with tight curly hair? Most Indians have more of a straight texture of hair. Well Seth informed me of the steam curling and coloring process the hair goes through before they ship it out to people who order their hair. Steam curling is a method of curling the bundles of hair by rolling the hair with rods or curlers and boiling the hair for a long period of time (2hrs tops). He showed me photos of hair that was molded around sticks for a curly look. This will explain why this type of texture usually goes straight after coloring or flat ironing it too often. However, it is possible to purchase real "virgin" raw authentic hair with a curl pattern, but it's hard to come across and it will cost much more money. 




No comments:

Post a Comment