Hair by Shaunda

My photo
Professional Hairstylist here! In love with everything hair! Bringing you new trends from celebs to the around the way girl!! Also giving helpful health and beauty tips for your hair! Trust me! xoxo

7/18/14

Transitioning from relaxed to natural

Hello ladies! I know a lot of us are no longer into processing our hair with chemicals and dyes. I also know that it's hard to stay away from those harsh chemicals when they make your hair look and feel so good!!! That transitioning phase is a beast to deal with isn't it!? Unless you're one of those gorgeous ,confident women who has that perfect shaped head to just chop it all off and grow out from a low shave (Everybody ain't able lol) going natural could take a lot of adjusting. All of the stress from finding the right styles, to learning how to manage your texture can become a life changing struggle! I've been there! I've been natural for 4 years now and I did the big chop.... BUT, I wore custom styled wigs for 2months until it was long enough to sew in hair extensions. I am not one of those women who's bold enough to rock a bald style!! I don't care how big my earrings are I just can't do it lolol! Sewins are perfect for transitioning and healthy for your hair. You can have a professional stylist install the texture of hair you desire. I like to say fake it until you make it!! If you can't achieve it weave it!! You can look good and relieve the stress of trying to manage your natural hair. You can also set your hair with rods and pin it up into cute protective styles. Try these methods until your hair grows to a length that you're comfortable cutting the relaxed hair off to.

No comments:

Post a Comment